Legalization of marijuana in certain states for medical use, technological developments in the diagnostic industry, and government initiatives and rise in awareness about drug addiction have resulted in boosting the Drug Addiction Treatment market.
Market Size – USD 16.47 Billion in 2018, Market Growth – CAGR of 7.0%, Market Trends – The rising demand for drug addiction treatment for marijuana addicts
The Global Drug Addiction Treatment Market is forecast to reach USD 31.17 Billion by 2027, according to a new report by Reports and Data. Drug addiction can be defined as the condition that affects the behavior and brain of an individual. When an individual is addicted to a drug, he/she fails in controlling the urge to use it, in spite of knowing the harm related to the use of those drugs. The condition is not just about cocaine, heroin, or the use of other illegal drugs. Addiction to nicotine, opioid painkillers, alcohol, and other legal substances may also result in the condition. Continuous exposure to these drugs results in effecting the ability of the functioning of their brain, which leads to their lack of failure in controlling their urge to take the drug. The mentioned change in the functioning of the brain occurs over a period of time. It may result in losing self-control among individuals and lead to damaging behaviors.
Ask for Sample Report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/2484
The extent to which an individual becomes addicted or how quick an individual gets addicted is dependent on the type of drug being consumed. Drugs like opioid painkillers have a higher risk and result in quick addiction as compared to the other types of drugs. The term drug addiction is often interchangeably used with drug abuse. Drug abuse is when an individual uses illegal or legal substances in ways in ways he/she shouldn’t. On the other hand, addiction is when an individual fails in stopping the consumption of these drugs. Thus, various supporting factors like the government initiatives and rise in awareness about drug addiction and technological developments in the diagnostic industry are boosting the growth of the market.
In context to region, Europe can be seen to occupy a significant portion of the market. The market share held by the region is attributed to the continuously expanding healthcare market, increasing investments in the healthcare sector, and elevating focus on R&D activities, which are supporting the growth of the market in this region.
Further key findings from the report suggest
- The Drug Addiction Treatment market held a market share of USD 16.47 Billion in the year 2018 that is forecasted to grow at a rate of 7.0% during the forecast period.
- In context to Drug Type, the Marijuana segment is projected to witness the fastest growth rate of 7.8% during the forecast period, which is expected to hold, 14.9% of the market by 2027. The growth rate witnessed by the Marijuana segment is attributed to the legalization of the use of this drug for medical purposes in various nations across the globe, which is resulting in increasing exposure and use of this drug, which is contributing to the growth rate witnessed by this segment. As an instance, as of January 2019, the use of tis drug for medical purposes has been legalized in 33 states in the U.S.
- In context to Treatment, the Detoxification segment held the largest market share of 49.0% in 2018, with a growth rate of 6.4% during the forecast period. The fact that in the treatment of drug addiction, detoxification is the first line of treatment, contributes to the market share held by this segment. Furthermore, in this treatment, the main focus is on clearing the drug from the patient’s body and limit withdrawal reactions, which can be addressed with this treatment that also contributes to the market share held by this segment.
- In regards to End-user, the Residential treatment centers (non-hospital) segment is projected to witness the fastest CAGR of 7.4% during the forecast period, which is expected to occupy 31.0% of the market by 2027. The rising awareness about the adverse impact of consuming drugs and associated faster detection of the condition results in lowing the number of individuals with serious conditions requiring hospitalization, which contributes to the growth rate witnessed by this segment. The underlying reason being, identification of the condition in the initial stage results in increasing demand for elementary line of treatment that are available in residential treatment centers.
- In regards to the region, Asia Pacific is projected to witness the fastest growth rate of 8.2% during the forecast, which is expected to hold 0% of the market by 2027. The growth rate witnessed by the region is resultant of the expansion of the health care sector and rising incidence rate of alcohol & tobacco addiction, which is supporting the market growth in this region.
- Key participants include Pfizer, Indivior, Novartis, Alkermes, Cipla, Mylan, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratorie, Glenmark, PLIVA (Odyssey), and Teva Pharmaceutical.
Request a customization of the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/request-customization-form/2484
For the purpose of this report, Reports and Data have segmented the global Drug Addiction Treatment market, according to Drug Type, Treatment, End-user, and Region:
Drug Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2016-2027)
- Tobacco/Nicotine and Vaping
- Synthetic Cannabinoids
- Prescription and Over-the-Counter Medications
Treatment Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2016-2027)
- Counseling and behavioral therapies
- Rehabilitation programs
- Self-help groups
End-user Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2016-2027)
- Hospital and Clinics
- Residential treatment centers (non-hospital)
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2016-2027)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
To know more about the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/drug-addiction-treatment-market
Key Questions Answered in the Report:
- What is the expected market size of the Drug Addiction Treatment market by 2028?
- What are the key factors expected to drive and restrain Drug Addiction Treatment market growth over the forecast period?
- What are the key products and applications offered by the Drug Addiction Treatment market?
- Which region is expected to account for largest revenue share in the market in the coming years?
- What are the current and future market trends of the Drug Addiction Treatment market?
- Which segment is expected to show lucrative growth throughout the forecast period?
- What are the key outcomes of SWOT analysis and Porter’s Five Forces analysis?
- Who are the prominent distributors, vendors, and manufacturers of the market?
- What are the key challenges and limitations the new entrants and companies will have to face in the Drug Addiction Treatment market over the forecast period?
Thank you for reading our report. Customization of the report is available based on the client’s requirements. For more details, kindly connect with us, and our team will ensure the report is suited to meet your requirements.
Browse More Related Reports: