Cell therapy (CT) is a process in which viable cells are implanted or grafted to a patient for the treatment of diseases and grave injuries. It is also known as cytotherapy, cell transplantation, and cellular therapy. Some of the cells used in CT include pancreatic islet cells, hematopoietic stem cells, skeletal muscle stem cells, mesenchymal stem cells, and others. The global cell therapy market report by Market Research Future (MRFR) contains estimations and projections for the scope of CT for the period of 2018 to 2023 (forecast period). The market is plagued by tough approval requirement and strict quality standards. But entry of new players is likely to bring down the costs of treatment.
The global cell therapy market size can reach a value of USD 20,217 million by 2023. It is predicted to reach this benchmark by exhibiting a CAGR of 22.36% during the forecast period. Major drivers of the industry are awareness of chronic diseases, rise in cell therapy transplantations, and the vulnerable aged populace. Emergence of personalize therapy is likely to drive the market growth in new directions. Recently, the Moffitt Research Center had found success in shrinking tumors in patients with non-small cell lung cancer by using lymphocytes.
Get Sample Copy of Report @ https://www.marketresearchfuture.com/sample_request/5066
Technological advances resulting in automation of stem cells and cord blood cells and their subsequent storage can fuel the market growth. Investments in the cell therapy industry by biotechnology companies can provide the much needed stimulus for innovation. For instance, Bayer AG invested close to USD 215 million in Century Therapeutics for development of therapies for combating solid tumors and blood cancer.
RTI Surgical Holdings, Inc., JCR Pharmaceuticals Co., Ltd, Medipost Co., Ltd, Holostem Terapie Avanzate S.r.l., Mesoblast Ltd, AlloSource, NuVasive, Inc., Vericel Corporation, Osiris Therapeutics, Inc, and Pharmicell Co., Ltd are major players of the global cell therapy market.
The global cell therapy market has been segmented type, product, technique, technology, cell source, application, and end user.
- By type, it is divided into allogeneic and autologous. The autologous segment is expected to reach a value of USD 11,554.67 million by 2023. Autologous cell therapy is likely to gain traction owing to its application in neurology, dermatology, and oncology. However, the allogeneic segment is predicted to exhibit a CAGR of 22.85% during the forecast period.
- By product, it is segmented into consumables, software & other services, and equipment.
- By technique, it is segmented into fibroblast cell therapy, chondrocyte cell therapy, adoptive cell therapy (ACT), stem cell therapy, and cell vaccine.
- By technology, it is segmented into genome editing technology, viral vector technology, and cell immortalization technology.
- By cell source, it is segmented into umbilical cord blood-derived cells, bone marrow, and adipose tissue.
- By application, it is segmented into wound healing, cardiovascular disease (CVD), orthopedic, and oncology.
- By end user, it is segmented into research institutes, hospital & clinics, and regenerative medicine.
The market has been segmented, by region, into the Americas, Europe, Asia Pacific (APAC), and the Middle East & Africa (MEA).
The Americas accounted for close to 37.6% share in 2017 owing to North America accounting for the majority of the regional contribution. The region can accumulate revenues by displaying a CAGR of 21.45% during the forecast period.
Get Access Full Report @ https://www.marketresearchfuture.com/reports/cell-therapy-market-5066
The Europe cell therapy market size can surpass USD 6,357.79 million by 2023. Main factors driving the regional market growth include adoption of cell therapy for wound healing, cancer, and orthopedics and the sophisticated healthcare infrastructure. Rise of stem cell therapy and approvals of other techniques by regulatory bodies can fuel the market growth.
About Market Research Future:
At Market Research Future (MRFR), we enable our customers to unravel the complexity of various industries through our Cooked Research Report (CRR), Half-Cooked Research Reports (HCRR), Raw Research Reports (3R), Continuous-Feed Research (CFR), and Market Research & Consulting Services.
Market Research Future (MRFR) team have supreme objective to provide the optimum quality market research and intelligence services to our clients. Our market research studies by Components, Application, Logistics and market players for global, regional, and country level market segments, enable our clients to see more, know more, and do more, which help to answer all their most important questions.